To create a new WordPress administrator in the database
On September 9, 2020 by Matthias Suttner
You have accidentally changed your administrator password? Or reduced the user rights? Or you want to add a new user directly via the database?
That's all no problem! In this article we will show you how to create a new administrator in your database and get full access again. Afterwards you will be able to use and optimize your website properly again.
CREATE A NEW ADMINISTRATOR FOR WORDPRESS VIA THE DATABASE
- Set the following values in advance:
- E-mail address
- Prefix of your WordPress installation (see database)
- Generate your SQL query via the form below (link with anchor)
- Log in to your WordPress database (e.g. via your server provider or phpMyAdmin)
- Insert the query, execute it and you're ready to go!
Afterwards you can log back into your WordPress backend with the new username and password you set.
Within this backend you can edit the details under User as usual or extend it.
You can't solve the problem on your own? Or you want to close possible security gaps? Then contact the Golden Web Age team for a customized and non-binding offer! Our WordPress experts are always ready to help and advise you >> Request?